The Club was formed on 26th April 1904 as Worthing Camera Club. The Club has seen a whole host of other changes over the years to embrace the technological advances in photography and to continually strive for improvement of the Club.
We meet every Tuesday evening between the months of September and May each year and we always have a varied and interesting programme to cater for all of our members.
We welcome new members and through our regular schedule of club competitions, outings, practical demonstration evenings and events, we are all learning to improve our art.
We meet at the Quaker Meeting House, 34 Mill Road, Worthing, BN11 5DR at 7:00pm for a 7.30pm start. Parking is available at nearby West Avenue.
Whilst there are no formal meetings during the summer months, we regularly get together for photographic day trips, excursions and social events.
We are delighted to have Club members with differing abilities behind the lens. We welcome all photographers – from those just starting out in photography to full time professional photographers.
We pride ourselves on being one of the friendliest camera clubs in the south and if you are thinking about coming to one of our meetings, we would love to give you a warm welcome too.
Our committee for the 2014/2015 year is:
- Steve Carsons – Chairman – Email
- Darren McLachlan – Vice Chairman
- Sheila Higgs – Treasurer
- Vince Knight – Secretary – Email
- Karen Gray – Membership Secretary
- Kate Linfield – Programme Secretary
- Keith Harris LRPS – Competition Secretary
- David Elliott LRPS – Webmaster
- Len Brooks – Website Assistant
- Graham Morrey – General Assistant
- Paul O’Toole – General Assistant
- Liz Farrow – Catering
- Roger Bathard – Advisor