The Club was formed on 26th April 1904 as Worthing Camera Club. The Club has seen a whole host of other changes over the years to embrace the technological advances in photography and to continually strive for improvement of the Club.
We meet every Tuesday evening between the months of September and May each year and we always have a varied and interesting programme to cater for all of our members.
We welcome new members and through our regular schedule of club competitions, outings, practical demonstration evenings and events, we are all learning to improve our art.
We meet at the Quaker Meeting House, 34 Mill Road, Worthing, BN11 5DR at 7:00pm for a 7.30pm start. Parking is available at nearby West Avenue.
Whilst there are no formal meetings during the summer months, we regularly get together for photographic day trips, excursions and social events.
We are delighted to have Club members with differing abilities behind the lens. We welcome all photographers – from those just starting out in photography to full time professional photographers.
We pride ourselves on being one of the friendliest camera clubs in the south and if you are thinking about coming to one of our meetings, we would love to give you a warm welcome too.
Our committee for the 2015/2016 year is:
- Chairman – Len Brook
- Treasurer – Sheila Higgs
- Secretary – Vince Knight
- Membership Secretary – Vince Knight
- Assistant Membership Secretary – Barry Dewdney
- Programme Secretary – Sheila Higgs
- Programme Secretary – Barry Dewdney
- Print Competition Secretary – Keith Harris LRPS
- Assistant Print Secretary – Geoff Stafford
- PDI Competition Secretary – Roger Barrett
- Assistant PDI Secretary – Mark Anderson
- External Competition Secretary – Len Brook
- Website Assistant/Media Secretary – Len Brook
- Committee Advisor – Maureen Martin
If you have any questions or wish for more information please do not hesitate to contact us by clicking anywhere on the list above. Someone will get back to you soon.